MINNEAPOLIS, Minn., Aug. 16, 2018-IdeaGist.com, the world’s largest digital incubation platform, announces the launch of its Emerging Technology Accelerators Initiative (ETA), a global collaboration to address the impact that emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), 3D printing, smart robots, and intelligent vehicles are predicted to have on worldwide workforces.
According to IdeaGist.com founder and CEO Hassan Syed, global communities need to prepare now for the disruptive nature of emerging technologies and their potential impact on the way the world conducts business, oversees workforce, and leverages innovation by developing capacity and demand.
Capacity planning is the process of determining the production capacity an organization needs to meet changing demands for its products.
For small and underprivileged communities, the cost of assessing, planning, and executing capacity and demand is prohibitive. However, delaying capacity and demand planning for too long can cripple disadvantaged communities and bring about devastating financial and social consequences.
IdeaGist’s Emerging Technology Accelerators Initiative focuses on capacity building in seven key emerging technologies: Artificial intelligence, 3D Printing, Blockchain, Internet of Things (IoT), Augmented Reality, Intelligent Vehicles, and Smart Robots. Beginning with 14 founding members, an additional 50 organizations are in the process of joining IdeaGist’s ETA initiative.
The goal is to have 100 communities worldwide join IdeaGist’s ETA by the end of 2018. Under the initiative, IdeaGist will provide a platform for knowledge transfer between participating communities, enabling them to both provide and receive talent, technology, and training collaboratively. Economic development agencies, educational institutions, science & technology parks, accelerators and incubators and other organizations that join the initiative will have exclusive access to global knowledge transfer portals for each technology represented in the program.
IdeaGist will launch the ETA program with AI as the first accelerator, followed by Blockchain technology in October 2018. Communities can join the initiative by completing an expression of interest form.
Participating organizations will be able to support local capacity building activities by:
• Access a marketplace for knowledge transfer project
• Access a global pool of experts
• Connect with other communities
• Learn about new applications of the emerging technologies
• Access Commercialization and Joint Venture Opportunities
• Access to funding for entrepreneurial commercialization projects
“Our solution is to develop a global network of communities, connect them to the experts in key emerging technologies, provide them with a sector-by-sector job impact analysis, and give them up-skill and re-skill training content,” Syed says. “This will better prepare each community to manage the inevitable disruption this next generation of emerging technologies will have on the world’s social and economic models in the near and distant future.”
The following international organizations have joined IdeaGist’s ETA initiative as founding members:
● The Actuator Operations Ltd., Australia
● Bioindustry Park Silvano Fumero S.p.A., Italy
● Bir Ventures USA Ltd.
● Birla Institute of Management Technology, India
● Business & Innovation Center, Science and Technology Park, Macedonia
● Curated Growth at Drake, Des Moines, Iowa, USA
● Central Louisiana Economic Development Alliance, Louisiana, USA
● CSU Chico State Center for Entrepreneurship, USA
● Global Incubation Services (GINSERV), India
● Greenville County Workforce Development, USA
● Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center (IEC) Mehran University, Pakistan
● The Institute for Innovators and Entrepreneurs at Hamline University, USA
● International Institute for Knowledge and Innovation (I2KI), USA
● Malaysian Technology Development Corporation, Malaysia
● META Foundation. Italy
● The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Binghamton, USA
● Signature Entrepreneurship Academy, South Africa
● Sukkur IBA University, Pakistan
● SRU Sustainable Enterprise Accelerator, USA
● Universidad del Mayab, Mexico.
● World Innovation Network, USA
● WildeSpark – Strategic Innovation and Marketing Accelerators, USA
● Youngstown Business Incubator, USA
Following types of organizations can join IdeaGist ETA as a founding member, with only $1 per month membership fee that will never increase:
● Economic Development organizations of a city, county, state, or country
● Higher Education Institutions
● Technology Commercialization Offices
● Science & Technology Parks
● Incubators or Accelerators
● Private Equity and Venture Capital Funds
● Research Organizations
● Innovation and Entrepreneurship Support Organizations (not-for-profit only)
If you would like to join this initiative, please complete our short expression of interest form to start the process, email IdeaGist media director Liz Ernst at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at or call our office at +1 612-666-9247.
IdeaGist is the world’s largest digital incubation platform, linking people from all 195 UN-recognized countries, hosting more than 2,900 startup ideas and offering access to more than 1,400 mentors. IdeaGist is the digital adaptation of traditional business incubators, developed to meet global demand for online access to startup development services, improve effectiveness, and help fill incubator capacity gaps on-demand and at low cost.
Click on the following link to view the press release live online: Emerging technoloy accelerators initiative
Emerging technology accelerators initiative